Pride Kills Relationships!

Hi everyone, my name is Jane. I am 31 years old. I am third in a family of 5 girls, 2 boys. While growing up, life was tough for us the moment our dad died.


Our paternal relatives stood on everything our father left us and life became hardest. Mom got into debts to raise us through school. I took in from my boyfriend when I was 17 years. Taking care of my baby and my younger ones was not easy but I did my best. Things were worst and I felt that life had ended on us. A lot of married men came after me, some were Policemen, some court magistrates and some well-placed civil servants. I started going out with any of them who could afford to give me money.

I had no clue of what repercussions that ensued dating a married man. But at some points I the left the Catholic Church to a Pentecostal church. There life changed, I made up my mind to build a good relationship with God. Life returned to normal at least I was able to start a business that was paying me and enabling us to survive. At this time my elder sister had gotten married and was busy with her family. I lived away from men from a long time and when I finally fell in love with the last man I dated everything changed.

He was nice, hardworking and just exactly the kind of man I wished to marry. He was still struggling but supported him in my own way. He loved me so much and I meant a lot to him. Our relationship had obstacles and they were mostly about me. I aborted five pregnancies for him but he still loved me. He wanted to marry me. I was in the university studying seriously.
Pride Kills Relationships!
Pride Kills Relationships!
I aborted because though we were sexually irresistible yo each other, he could not take care of himself well before us. I was very determined not to go through what I had gone through the first pregnancy because the love ended when I broke the news of my pregnancy to my first boyfriend. I used pills and herbs to abort. I could borrow money to pay for an abortion but it didn’t stop me from going to him. After school, I got a job with the government but then I started seeing difficulties respecting him as a man in my life.

I have been richer than him since we met years ago. I lost respect for him and cheated severally and blamed him for everything especially when he suspected I cheated. He told me that we were going to fight our obstacles until marriage. I was getting tired of hoping, I kept comparing him to my many ex’s who were married men with good jobs. This, my boyfriend, was building his lines on the background. He didn’t have much but his heart was full of love for me.

I would go around and still come back to him. He supported me in his little ways, he is a computer literate dude. He is assisted in writing my theses which I deliberately ignored his name in the dedication page. He still stood for me. I was getting uncomfortable with him and didn’t want to discuss anything about our relationship. So I asked him to give me time and that he should move on if he gets tired of waiting. I was really selfish; I had made him cry severally.

So when I told him not be waiting for me. He didn’t say yes or no but went away silently. A year after, he defended his own degree and is better placed now. He is married now and has a lovely son. I blocked all my siblings on social media including me from getting to him. If I had persevered with him, we would have been happy together. I love him been allowed greed to stop me from showing him how much I loved him and now our once green love story has withered out. 

My advice is, build your own relationship and enjoy it. fight your temptations together.

Comments

Popular Posts