Please Help Caroline: Should She Let Go The Good Samaritan?

CONFUSED ABOUT LETTING GO A GOOD SAMARITAN WHO HELPED OUT WHEN SHE WAS LEFT WITH NOTHING AFTER SHE WAS ABANDONED BY THE SAME MAN SHE RAN BACK TO:


A lady has written to me:

I met Caroline, my old classmate, some months ago. She was 8 months pregnant and I was surprised at how she got where I was. She is 23 years old. Some days after our meeting she begged me to help her buy some baby clothes because I was to go Douala but my travelled failed. I then decided to beg my sister and friend to buy them since she was a mother and could buy well and above all trustworthy. Behold she did and brought them.

I called her to come and take the things but she didn't. Some weeks later, she called me that she had had the baby already and that I should bring the things so they could dress the baby. I rushed to the hospital and handed her the things, the next day I went to see how she was doing and to also know if I could be of help. I told her I never had money on me but could cook for her if she had money. I was given 10k but I used 2k and cooked for her. when I sat to give her company she decided to open up to me.
Please Help Caroline: Should She Let Go The Good Samaritan?
Please Help Caroline: Should She Let Go The Good Samaritan?

She told me it was her second child from the same father Maxwell who is 27 and who refused the child from pregnancy. To cut it short, Max disappeared during the first pregnancy and only sent things in the injury-time when the baby was about to be borne. So they reconciled then and for the second baby, he refused totally. Caroline told Adel, the guy’s elder sister and she took her to Suzanne the other sister who instead gave her 50k for an abortion but Caroline  refused. Suzanne started maltreating Caroline. She had refused abortion because the pregnancy was already above 4 months.

They were working but Suzanne out of anger won't pay her. It continued like this until she was later introduced to another man. Suzanne actually match made them so Caroline  could be his wife. The man is Paul who pitied her situation and helped her throughout antenatal visits until she had her baby. Nobody knew that Caroline  was pregnant in their house except the boy, myself and her younger sister Nicole. She ran away from home when she missed her first period, so her parents never knew. when she finally delivered the second child before she could clock 1 day, the baby fell seriously sick and we were transferred to another hospital.

Just on the day, we arrived there, before nightfall we had spent not less than 70k to buy the necessary drugs to be used on the baby. I spent 3 days and left because we were getting out of cash and feeding and bills were becoming a burden for Paul’s shoulders to carry. I had to reduce the expenses for them by leaving. Paul was only a good Samaritan who helped.

They were later discharged, the baby was fine and she came to show me how she was actually doing good as I had prayed for her. I entertained them in my own way and bade them goodbye.

Later I relocated to another town and we kept being in touch through the phone. One day Caroline explained that the second child was from a different man she had an affair within the village before meeting with the father of the second child. So the man later called and apologized to her and the family.

Presently she is not with the good Samaritan husband - Paul because she said he is too sex demanding after she just left the hospital with delivery pains. She added that she is not yet strong. She has now returned to the lost but found the father of the second child. She is with Max’s parents now though he was never the one who helped when she needed help most and I advised her to exercise some patience so we take the right step but it is not too late to be corrected”

We all know the saying that agreement is agreement, we of this page do not know what was agreed between Caroline and Paul. Maybe there was just no agreement at all. Paul helped out of pity and maybe not love, He knew he might have a woman to satisfy himself sexually. Caroline on her part might not have loved him from her heart.

Should Caroline go to Paul even though there might not be any love? Should she pay for the support from Paul by going back to him? Or she should be with Max the irresponsible buddy?

Well as a reminder to all reading from this page, parents try to be best friends with your kids both on and offline. Build a great tie with your kids, earn their respect and love and doubt and fear. Your child can make a mistake which is normal but how you handle it can make or mar the child’s future.

As we received this story, marriage is not mentioned anywhere in it.

What is your take? 
Should she continue to live with Max, or go back to Paul when she feels stronger?

Caroline is set to read your views on the comment section.

Submit your stories, let us share pieces of advice and learn from our and the mistakes of others.

Comments

Popular Posts